High School Graduation Rule from GA Department of Education for students entering 9th grade in 2008 - 2009 or later:
- 23 total units required for all students
- 4 units of English Language Arts required for all students
- 4 units of Mathematics required for all students
- 4 units of Science required for all students (the 4th science unit may be used to meet both the science and elective requirements)
- 3 units of Social Studies required for all students, all courses are specifically identified
- 1 unit of Health and Physical Education required for all students; 3 units of JROTC may be used to meet the requirement
- A total of 3 units required from: CTAE and/or Foreign Language and/or Fine Arts for all students (students planning to enter or transfer into a University System of Georgia institution must take two units of the same foreign language).
- 4 additional elective units for all
Four Year Plan Worksheet 2012-2014.doc
- 9th grade to 10th grade - 5 1/2 credits
- 10th grade to 11th grade - 11 1/2 credits
- 11th grade to 12th grade - 17 credits
; Four Year Plan- Class of 2015.doc
; Four Year Plan - Class of 2016 and Beyond.doc
; use these simple worksheets to check off the courses your student has taken to be sure that he/she is on track!
See the GA DOE website for the full explanation: GA DOE Graduation Rule
Information from the University System of Georgia outlining requirements for admission to college as compared to the state guidelines: USG Staying on Course
Please note that each college/university sets specific guidelines on admissions criteria; please check the college/university website for updated information.